• Easy IP address configuration with built-in LCD panel
• 10/100M auto-sensing Ethernet
• 4 serial ports, with support for RS-232, RS-422, and RS-485
• Built-in 15 KV ESD surge protection for all serial signals
• Versatile socket operation modes, including TCP Server, TCP Client, and UDP
• Choice of configuration methods: Web console, Telnet console, and Windows utility
• SNMP MIB-II for network management
• 2 KV isolation protection for NPort 5430I/5450I
Network Readiness for up to Four Serial Devices ( 4-port RS-232/422/485 device server )
NPort 5400 device servers can conveniently and transparently connect up to four serial devices to an Ethernet network, allowing you to network your existing serial devices with only basic configuration. Data transmission between the serial and Ethernet interfaces is bi-directional. By using NPort device servers, you not only protect your current hardware investment, but also allow for future network expansion. You can both centralize the management of your serial devices, and distribute management hosts over the network.
Independent Operation Mode for each Serial Port
NPort 5400 device servers can be used to connect different devices for remote data polling or event handling over a TCP/IP network. Each serial port on the NPort 5400 operates independently to provide maximum versatility. For example, port 1 can operate in Driver mode, port 2 in TCP Server mode, and ports 3 and 4 in TCP Client mode.